Organizing body: Col·legi d’Economistes de Catalunya
President of the Organizing Body’s Committee : Joan B. Casas, Col·legi d’Economistes de Catalunya’s chairman
President of the Cientific Committee: Andreu Mas-Colell, Professor of Economics, UPF and Barcelona GSE
Final Session: 17th of May, 2018
The congress will focus on the economy and business in Catalonia in the coming years, with special emphasis on efficiency and equity.
COMISSIONS AND THEMATIC BLOCKS
President: Carles Gasòliba.
Vice-president: Jordi Bacaria.
Rapporteur: Guillem Rovira.
- European Union as a global actor
- Globalization: Supranational economic governance and multilateralism vs. isolationism and protectionism
- Application and development of bilateral and multilateral international agreements
- Effects of new technologies within the international economic framework: application to trade and service transactions, investment flows, cibersecurity
President: Natalia Mas.
Vice-president: Enric Fernández.
Rapporteur: Xavier Cuadras.
- GDP, income and productivity
- External dimension of Catalan Economy
- Public and private indebtedness
- Poverty and inequality: trends and policies
- Institutions and economic development
- Impact of demography
President: Salvador Alemany.
Vice-president: Antoni Brunet.
Rapporteur: Joan Ramon Rovira.
- Business structure in Catalonia
- The role of multinational companies
- SMEs and freelancers facing the future
- Productive specialization in the international context
- Industry specificities: manufacturing, tourism, agro-food, trade, finances, sport
- Industry 4.0
President: Sofía Rodríguez.
Vice-president: Mateu Hernández.
Rapporteur: Joan Tristany.
- Catalan trade balance
- Trends in geographic markets
- Trends in goods markets
- Trends in services markets
- Internal market
President: Antoni Abad.
Vice-president: Francesc Solé Parellada.
Rapporteur: Joan Sardà.
- Basic education
- Professional, regulated and continuous education
- Higher education
- Export of human capital
- The quality of work
- Minimum salary
- Contract types
President: Joaquim Coello.
Vice-president: Ivan Planas.
Rapporteur: David Ros.
- Which tax system?
- Public expenditure: how much and what on
- Regulation of the productive system (energy, banking, etc)
- Institutional regulation and quality
- Territorial organization of the Generalitat (Government of Catalonia)
- The finances of the Generalitat
- Public debt
President: Jaume Puig Junoy.
Vice-president: Enric Mangas.
Rapporteur: Roser Fernández.
- Dependency and Social Services
- Redistribution of income
President: Enric Banda.
Vice-president: Xavier Lòpez.
Rapporteur: Xavier Lesauvage.
- Where are we in terms of research and innovation in Catalonia? Strengths and weaknesses
- The economic impact of the innovation system (at macro level)
- How do the best innovation systems work? (Switzerland, Singapore, Finland, Germany, etc.)
- Academy-industry relation (public sector-private sector)
- Connecting processes between the innovation system’s agents
- Structure and impact of public R+D+I policies (macro and micro level)
- Transfer of knowledge
- Technological transformation
President: Maria Àngels Vallvé.
Vice-president: Josep Soler.
Rapporteur: Jaume Puig.
- Structure of the financial sector in Catalonia
- Trends in the capital markets (Equity and debt: Stock Market, MAB (i.e. alternative equity market for its Spanish acronym), MARF (i.e. alternative fixed-income market for its Spanish acronym), OTC markets, Platforms)
- Trends in venture capital, crowdfunding, crowdlending and other platforms and alternative financing mechanisms
- Trends and changes in asset management (active / passive / semi-passive management, distribution / management costs)
- ‘Capital Markets Union’, opportunities for financial de-banking within the framework of the European Union
- Financing and investments in the SMEs segment
- Challenges and disruptive changes for the banking and financial sector and impacts
- Digital Revolution and Fintech: current situation and main trends
- Trends in financial advice, ‘Financial Guidance’, and ‘Financial Literacy’
President: Joan Ràfols.
Vice-president: Santiago Garcia-Milà.
Rapporteur: Àlvar Garola.
- Rail system
- Road system
President: Josep Enric Llebot.
Vice-president: Alba Cabañas.
Rapporteur: Albert Garcia Pujol.
- Territory and nature
- Energy transition
- Circular economy and productive system
- Pollution and competitiveness
President: Valentí Pich.
Vice-president: Xavier Subirats.
Rapporteur: Albert Sagués.
Impact of digital transformation, social commitment (ethics, deontology and CSR), international relations, changes in the market (regulation, market evolution, professional associations and bodies) and training and skills for professionals (executives, tax and financial advisors, auditors, consultants, external advisers, trainers and other professionals) in the different fields of work of the economist.
President: Xavier Ferràs.
Vice-president: Oriol Alcoba.
Rapporteur: Joan Torrent.
- New business models and ways of working
- The challenges of digital transformation of businesses
- The rise and impact of large digital platforms
- Emerging technologies sustaining digital transformation
- Digital transformation and public policies
- A connected world
- A new training model
- Industry implications: health industry, financial industry, automotive industry, etc.
- The future of work, economy and society in a world ruled by artificial intelligence